Careers at Brammo, Inc
Brammo is among the most innovative powersports companies in the world and is the leading global supplier of technologically advanced battery-electric vehicles. Brammo designs and develops electric motorcycles including the Encite™, Enertia™, Empulse™ and Engage™ and is the current TTXGP eGrandPrix champion of North America. Brammo is currently looking for qualified, passionate people to join us in changing the world 2-wheels at a time.
Sustaining Electrical Engineer
The successful candidate will support the development of the electrical control systems used on Brammo power sports vehicles. Participate in the design, integration and analysis of the vehicle electrical control systems. Develop and modify electrical BOM, schematic and wire harness drawings. Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve wire harness design issues. Define best routing of harness and develop wire retention solutions. Investigate, specify and validate sensors and user controls. Interface with engineering team and vendors to implement new and modified designs. Travel, as necessary, to plants, supplier facilities, and customer field sites: to resolve problems, explore design alternatives and provide information.
Key job duties include:
- Develop wire harness routing, power distribution, electrical system needs and requirements.
- Integrate wire harnesses, connectors, sensors, switches, and electrical components into overall vehicle architecture.
- Create detailed wiring schematics and wire harness assembly drawings.
- Perform in-vehicle testing and assist with vehicle assembly.
- Participate in vehicle drives and demonstrations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology with5+ years of related experience.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing vehicle electrical systems. Military training in vehicle maintenance is a plus.
- Experienced with IPC-A-610 and IPC-A-620 quality standards, with workmanship at class 3.
- Experienced with an electrical CAD tool, and electrical system drawing standards. Experienced in using Vesys for wire harness design is preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from senior engineers is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license required, motorcycle endorsement preferred
- Power sports enthusiast, motorcycle owner/rider preferred
Key job duties include:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree from accredited university
- Driven, initiative, goal oriented
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills are required
- Motorcycle riding experience is required, racing experience is a plus
- Basic test riding will be required for troubleshooting and validation, performance test riding/feedback
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience is required
- OEM motorcycle industry experience/contacts are a plus
- Experience with electric vehicles is a plus
- Vehicle design & validation experience is required
- Ability to create high quality detailed mechanical drawings is required
- Configuration management and revision control experience is required
- Experience taking a product (preferably automotive or motorcycle product) to production is required
- Experience in sustaining engineering for products in production is required
- Structural and thermal FEA experience is required
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of and interest in the fundamentals of energy systems
- International travel will be required
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and talented mechanical engineer with a passion for motorcycles and electric vehicles. They will work within all phases of the development process, which includes design, prototyping, testing, refinement, documentation, and production. The job is for a full time position at Brammo HQ in Ashland Oregon.